ONE HUNDRED BIBLE LESSONS
LESSON # 2 - THE PERSON OF GOD
I - GOD'S PERSONALITY
Our God is an individual who is living and has definite characteristics. God is a Person. He is not an
influence or unseen force or power like electricity.
II - GOD'S NATURE
God is Spirit. A spirit has neither flesh, bones nor blood.
III - GOD'S UNITY
The Lord our God is one God in contrast to the plurality of pagan gods.
IV - GOD'S NATURAL ATTRIBUTES
1 HE IS ETERNAL - To be true God, He must have neither beginning nor ending.
2. HE IS UNCHANGEABLE - He is so constituted that He cannot change. Malachi 3:6 "For I am
the Lord, I change not."
3. HE POSSESSES ALL POWERS (Omnipotent) - To lack this, He could not be God. Man makes
things out of existing materials. God creates out of non-existent materials, objects that are good and
4. HE IS PRESENT EVERYWHERE AT ONE AND THE SAME TIME (Omnipresent)
Psalm 139:7-9 "Whither shall I go from Thy Spirit? or whither shall I flee from Thy presence? If I
ascend up into heaven, Thou art there. If I make my bed in hell, behold Thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall Thy hand lead me."
5. HE HAS ALL KNOWLEDGE (Omniscient)
Nothing is hidden from the Lord. 1 Chronicles 28:9 "....know thou the God of thy father....for the Lord
searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts." Psalm 94:11 "The Lord
knoweth the thoughts of man." Job 42:2 "No thought can be hidden from Thee."
V - GOD'S MORAL ATTRIBUTES
1. GOD IS HOLY - Exodus 15:11; 1 Samuel 2:2; Isaiah 6:3; 1 Peter 1:16
2. GOD IS RIGHTEOUS - Psalm 116:5; Ezra 9:15; Psalm 145:17; Jeremiah 12:1
3. GOD IS MERCIFUL - Psalm 103:8; Deuteronomy 4:31; Psalm 86:15; Romans 9:18
4 GOD IS LOVE - 1 John 4: 8-16; John 3:16; 1 John 3:16; John 16:27
5. GOD IS FAITHFUL - 1 Corinthian 1:9; 2 Timothy 2:13; Deuteronomy 7:9 & 32:4
Love Him. Worship Him. Serve Him. Obey Him. Fear Him.
SOURCED FROM - ONE HUNDRED BIBLE LESSONS - ALBAN DOUGLAS